Tim Courtney, our Clinical Director, has been accepted into Purdue’s PhD of Special Education program!
Tim graduated with a Masters of Science in Applied Behavior Analysis from Florida Institute of Technology (FIT) in 2006 and became a Board Certified Behavior Analyst that same year. He has worked as a behavior analyst since 2003 with different organizations across the United States. In addition to his work as a behavior analyst, Tim has been a co-instructor in the ABA department of FIT since 2007. His research interests includes functional assessment, medical and dental avoidance and escape behavior, verbal behavior, and dissemination of the science of Applied Behavior Analysis.
Wanted to let everyone know about a great event coming up. Check out the details below and come see us! We will be an exhibitor there.
2011 Autism Expo – Carmel, IN
||Mar 26, 2011
||The Fountains in Carmel
520 E. Carmel Drive
Carmel, IN 46032
This event is brought to you by:
Easter Seals Crossroads and the Autism Society of Indiana
Well, it’s 2011 – can you believe it? Little Star has a big year ahead of us, but I wanted to take a step back and reflect on all the happenings of 2010. Check them out:
On Santa's Nice List: Gregg - Chairman of the Board & Mary - Executive Director
- We celebrated our 8th anniversary!
- Our Executive Director, Mary Rosswurm, came back after a 22 month “sabbatical” in Massachusetts.
- In the fall, we expanded our facility in order to serve more children. Our center is now almost twice its original size.
- Our staff has grown to over 35 employees.
- We introduced “Middle Star” – a program for children ages 10 and up.
- The center went wireless – we are so advanced!
- We joined the social media world and you can now find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- For the 9th Annual Golf Marathon we raised over $25,000 for the center!
- We started a Parent Morning Meet-Up for Little Star parents to come meet and mingle with each other.
- In December, we debuted our new website - littlestarcenter.org
Thank you to our staff, parents, families, friends and sponsors who make Little Star Center the success that it is. We can’t wait for another great year and are so glad to have you on board! Happy New Year!